The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union [NEHAWU] in the Limpopo Province invites the media to a press conference to communicate its state of readiness and details of its upcoming Provincial Day of Action.
The Provincial Day of Action will be in a form of a march directed to both the Premier of the Province and MEC of Health. The aim of the march is to sharply raise the following demands amongst others:
• Collapse of the public healthcare system in the Province
• Non-payment of overtime.
• Grade progression for all health professionals.
• Consistent translation of nurses who acquired post-graduate qualification with back pay.
• Appointment of 108 non-bursary holders’ community service nurses who are currently roaming the streets while there is shortage of professional nurses in hospital and clinics.
• Absorption of community health workers as full time employees of the department.
Details of the press conference:
Date: Monday July 2, 2018
Venue: NEHAWU Provincial office 9 Corner Bok and Jorrison Street Polokwane.
Members of the media are invited to attend and to cover the press conference.
For more information please contact, Cde Jacob Adams, at 082 558 5966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org